News of the world

This blog is in the first case meant for myself so I don't forget interesting stuff. So you will find lots of useless topics, but there will certainly be also readings that might interest you. Lots of the items will go about my family, things we do or don't do but also about software, cars, gadgets, music, etc ... .

27 apr 2005

Google suggest

Every once in a while I go to the Google labs web site to explore some goodies they've put online.
Today I came across Google suggest which is like the regular Google search, but while you type in the words you get suggestions. E.g. if I type Freddie Google suggests Freddie Mercury etc ... .

How does it work ? Well the algorithms uses a wide range of information to predict the queries users are most likely to want to see. For example, Google Suggest uses data about the overall popularity of various searches to help rank the refinements it offers.

Just try it out, it'll be my new search engine from now on :-)