News of the world

This blog is in the first case meant for myself so I don't forget interesting stuff. So you will find lots of useless topics, but there will certainly be also readings that might interest you. Lots of the items will go about my family, things we do or don't do but also about software, cars, gadgets, music, etc ... .

23 mei 2006

WinFX

Ever since I visited TechEd last year I am really looking out for the new technologies Microsoft promised to bring out later this year or in the beginning of next year. Yes, I am talking about Vista and everything that goes together with it hand in hand.

So today I decided to start looking at the future and figure out how to write applications for this future platform. So I downloaded the WinFX runtime, the SDK, Orcas plug-in for Visual Studio and Expression. I decided to start looking at WPF - Windows Presentation Framework. Don't know if you are aware of it but WinFX is actually an extra to the .NET 2.0 framework, and it contains WPF (Windows Precentation Framework), WCF (Windows Communication framework) and WWF (Windows Workflow Foundation). Like I said I will start trying out WPF and will keep you posted of the finding I have done and the application(s) I have made. Nice looking applications here we come... .