News of the world

This blog is in the first case meant for myself so I don't forget interesting stuff. So you will find lots of useless topics, but there will certainly be also readings that might interest you. Lots of the items will go about my family, things we do or don't do but also about software, cars, gadgets, music, etc ... .

13 jul 2005

Gizmo : Just Another Skype

For a project at work we are looking into Instant Messaging combined with voice conferencing. Today I came across Gizmodo, a Skype like VOIP application. It's actually a project of the founder of Lindows, you know the Linux distribution that got sued because it's name resembled to much to Windows from Micro$oft.

I haven't looked at it yet, but I've put it on my TO-DO list. I will post a review later, but in the meantime have a look at the following sites :

Gizmo Project
TechCrunch