News of the world

This blog is in the first case meant for myself so I don't forget interesting stuff. So you will find lots of useless topics, but there will certainly be also readings that might interest you. Lots of the items will go about my family, things we do or don't do but also about software, cars, gadgets, music, etc ... .

11 aug 2005

Trip to Rotterdam

Last week we went on a short trip to Rotterdam, and no ... not for the coffee shops ! During our stay we did some window shopping, we actually didn't buy anything except for some yoghurt we don't have here in Belgium and also for some peanut butter, unfortunately without pieces.

The Dutch are also known for their "patatje oorlog", so I was looking for a place to eat some. I don't know if you know this but "patatje oorlog" are french fries, mayonaise, ketchup, onion and peanut sauce. So it's a rather strange combination, at least for Belgians. Finally I found a place where they were serving some, but when I looked at it, it was really disgusting, it looked like they've put some feaces on top of the fries. I really wanted to try it but my eyes told my stomach not to do it. It was so disgusting that I completely forgot to take a picture of it. We ended up eating chinese food which was actually very good.

We also went to The Hague, which is about 30 to 40 kilometers from Rotterdam. We went to visit Madurodam. In Madrodam you can see some important places in Holland in miniature. I think it's a fun place for Dutch people because they know these places very well, so they must enjoy it more than we did. But it was nice to see little trucks, plains and boats moving around between the miniature houses and buildings.



And finally we went to the zoo of Rotterdam, because our little daughter really enjoys looking at various animals.



By the way we drove to Holland in our brand new car a Renault Grand Scenic, which uptil now is a really great car.