News of the world

This blog is in the first case meant for myself so I don't forget interesting stuff. So you will find lots of useless topics, but there will certainly be also readings that might interest you. Lots of the items will go about my family, things we do or don't do but also about software, cars, gadgets, music, etc ... .

7 jan 2010

Weird iPhone SMS interaction

Treasuremytext for iPhone: SpringBoardImage by katielips via Flickr

Whenever I receive an SMS on my iPhone, it is shown on the welcome screen. When I unlock the phone, I see the iPhones main menu with the number of received SMS messages shown on top of the SMS application icon, this isn't what I expect it to be. I would have expected that from the moment I unlock the phone my SMS messages would be shown or at least the last one so that I can immediately reply. This really irritates me, it is not behaving like I expect it to be!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:16 p.m., Anonymous Anoniem said...

I find it really stupid that something likes this "really irritates" you.

There are more important (real) things in the world to worry about.

Moreover, it's a totally wrong way of reasoning. If you buy an iPhone and it functions that way, it functions that way. You can't ask of a product it's behaving like you (as in you individually) expect. If I push the brake pedal of my car and it loses speed, it's totally stupid to say "it is not behaving as I expect it to do" when I expected it to speed up.

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home