News of the world

This blog is in the first case meant for myself so I don't forget interesting stuff. So you will find lots of useless topics, but there will certainly be also readings that might interest you. Lots of the items will go about my family, things we do or don't do but also about software, cars, gadgets, music, etc ... .

12 aug 2005

Network blues

This morning I thought to quickly scan my e-mail before having breakfast. What a terrible thought to have, I was unable to connect to my router although Window$ told me that I was connected. When I did an ipconfig nothing was shown, no network adapters, nothing. Even the device manager wasn't of any help, all network adapters working fine he told me. I've been into network hell ever since I've installed Window$ XP service pack 2. I really have no clue why it stops working after a while. The only thing I can do is go back to a restore point where I know the adapters were working, but even this isn't consistent, because I just take my previous restore point and it works again.

I thought service packs were created for solving glitches in the OS, but they seem to create even worse problems. Hopefully my network adapters will keep working until the end of this day ... .